- she’s 4 (almost 5, as I was so sadly reminded today when she came home with a birthday crown from the un-birthday party at school for all the kids with summer birthdays).
- she loves to read and color and write letters. diligently.
- she is very confident: she calls herself a genius, the fastest runner in the world, the best artist in the world, and everyone likes her (I do not feed this…it grows on its own!)
- she is precocious in ways I never would have predicted….”when I’m a mommy, I’m going to let my kids eat whatever they want and they will be healthy and can watch as many Backyardigans as they want,” or “Mommy, I don’t want to do my homework anymore. This yellow crayon is ri-dic-li-ous.” Etc., etc.
- she is affectionate and loving and is happy to spend the whole day by my side.
- she is giving and gentle and nurturing.
- I love her with all of my heart…my feelings for her burst at the seams
- he’s 2 (but talks like he’s 3 1/2 because he’s been chattered to constantly by his big sister since the day he was born).
- he’s friendly…the kind of kid who says hello to everyone we pass.
- he loves to play with tools….forget the balls and sports….give this boy a drill and a scrap piece of drywall and it’s as if you’ve given him an ice cream truck!
- he used to carry matchbox cars in his pockets, then it was legos, now it’s pennies.
- he will go along with almost any game his big sister decides they will play.
- he wakes me up every morning and says “I love you soooo much” and before he goes to bed he says “I gotta kiss you”… he has always given the best hugs
- I cherish this boy with everything in me.
My baby girl:
- she just turned 1 in April (she does not walk yet…thank goodness!).
- she’s silly and loves to be the center of attention. (when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her, the expression of joy on her face was totally contagious)
- she has the most beautiful, sparkling, blue eyes….they melt me.
- she is such a happy child, content to watch all the activity around her.
- she says: mama, dada, diaper, nose, eyes, teeth, ear, pretty, uh-oh, dog, hi, hello, bye-bye, phone, etc. (do you really want to know her whole vocab?)
- she’s fiesty and doesn’t let anyone mess with her. (I’m glad she can hold her own!)
- I love her so much that I ache when she’s not with me.