Here’s a picture (thanks iPhone) of the dinner we had tonight that inspired the kids to sing my praises.
It is straight from PW’s site….it’s her recipe, almost verbatim (alas, I had no egg noodles or enough beef).
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 1 15 oz can plain tomato sauce
- 8 oz. short-cut pasta (1/2 package)
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 1/2 c cottage cheese
- 1/4 green onions, sliced
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta, drain and reserve.
- Brown meat, drain the fat, add tomato sauce, 1/4 tsp salt, fresh pepper and simmer.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, cottage cheese, green onions, and 1/4 tsp pepper (more if you like). Fold in the pasta until combined.
- In a baking dish, add half the noodle mixture, spread out half the meat, and sprinkle half the cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly.